Having a dry skin can make you feel insecured and awful? After all, dry skin can sometimes make you feel uncomfortable, tight and makes your skin look full.
However, you don’t need to feel inferior once you know how to treat and maintain your beautiful skin.
There are various skin care tips to help keep your skin glowing and hydrated. Below are some rules you need to consider to smoothen your skin.
1) Wash your skin with Luke warm water: If you are a lover of hot water, you need to reconsider stopping it. When you use hot water, it can strip your skin off essential oils, which can make it feel drier.
2) Be Gentle when Cleansing : When you havr a dry skin, it is important to oi a facial cleanser that is suitable for your skin type. When cleansing, ensure you go gentle. It is often times best if you use a Micellar water.
3) Exfoliate Weekly: It is necessary to exfoliate your skin frequently as dead skin cells can build up on the surface of your skin which causes skin dullness.
4) Apply Moisturizer : When you are out of the shower or have washed off dirt’s from your face, don’t towel off yet. Apply a Moisturizer immediately as it is more effective when your skin is damp.
5) Moisturize Morning and Night : It is necessary to Moisturize your face morning and night as your skin faces external factors such as pollution’s that can cause damages to the skin.
6) Layer Lotions Over Oil : Rather than choose between moisturizer and facial oil, you can use both. First, massage your skin with 4 to 5 drops of facial oil before you follow up with moisturizer.
7) Take Sun Protection Measures : It is best for you to use a spectrum sunscreen each day as it helps protect your skin from the sun. It is also important that you limit the amount of time you spend in the sun, seek shade whenever possible, and cover up exposed areas.
8) Use Face Masks : This is a very relaxing experience. This helps get rid of the impurities, dirts, and oils from your skin thereby making it feel refreshing and comfortable.
9) Use Lip Balm : Choose a lip balm that suits your lips. If your lip sting or tingle after you apply a lip balm, switch to a better one.
10) Use An Ointment or Cream : It is more preferable you use an ointment or cream than using a lotion. The former are no effective and less irritating.
11) Use Gentle Fragrance Products : Deodorant soaps and other skincare products can be too harsh for dry skin. Many Dermatologists recommend using products labelled “fragrance free”. Products labelled “unscented” contain chemicals that can cause skin irritation.
12) Use Makeup Formulated For you Skin : You should not be using any makeup as skin types varies. People with dey skin are to use make up that has radiant finish.
13) Use Highlighter : To help brighten your skin tone, use the right liquid highlighter to create the appearance of radiance.
14) Spray your Face with a Facial Mist : This helos to refresh your face and complexion throughout the day.
Your skin should start to glow and shine if you adhere to these tips. If otherwise, you need to see a dermatologist. Most times, dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. It can also be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. Seeing a dermatologist would help examine your skin and provide solutions to aid reduction of discomfort.