Connect with us

Politics

Buhari Reveals He Might Be Eliminated If He Talks About His Successor

Published

on

Advertisement
Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari


  • 2023: Buhari Reveals He Might Be Eliminated If He Talks About His Successor

EKO HOT BLOG reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has said he is not interested in who becomes the next president of the country in 2023 when he leaves office.

Buhari said this during an interview with Channels Television on Wednesday evening, adding that he might be eliminated if he discussed about his successor.

Advertisement
Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari

According to Buhari, the legacy and his record are important to him than who occupies the Aso Presidential Villa when his second term of office elapses next year May.

Advertisement

When asked what comes to his mind when 2023, he said, “I’m not interested. It is not my problem. It is not my interest. I cannot say who succeeds me or talk about it. I may be eliminated if I mention it. I think it’s better I keep quiet.”

It had been reported how sources in Buhari’s government revealed that the president wanted to support former President Goodluck Jonathan to come back to power on 2023.

Advertisement

This is also as the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu, and Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, are also reportedly interested in succeeding Buhari next year.
In the interview, Buhari also noted that bandits terrorising the North West had been declared as terrorists and they would be treated as such.

On November 25, 2021, a Federal High Court in Abuja had declared the activities of all bandit groups in the country as acts of terrorism.

Advertisement

Mohammed Abubakar, director of public prosecution (DPP) at the Federal Ministry of Justice, who filed the motion ex-parte, had said President Buhari gave approval for his action, of which objective is the proscription of Yan Bindiga and Yan Ta’adda groups and other terrorist groups in the country.

In its supporting affidavits, the Nigerian government had said security reports confirmed that the bandit groups were responsible for the killings, abductions, rapes, kidnappings and related acts of criminality in the north-east, north-central and other parts of the country.
Speaking during an interview with Channels TV, Buhari said he had directed the security agencies to go after them.

Advertisement

CLICK TO WATCH OUR VIDEO OF THE WEEK BELOW:

Advertisement

Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:

Kindly contact us at ekohotblog@gmail.com. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.

Advertisement

Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.

Call or Whatsapp:
0803 561 7233,
0703 414 5611

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

X