t’s another Saturday, and like most people, you probably spend the day organizing your food for the whole week. Special fried rice and chicken, spaghetti bolognaise and chicken, sea food okra and chicken, fufu, oha soup and chicken. Isn’t it interesting how chicken is a regular in every meal? God bless those two-legged deliciousness.
Chicken is one of the foods we can flip on different sides and still come out with something fantabulous (fantastic + fabulous). There’s always an opportunity for chicken to spice up breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between snacking. Perhaps, you’re super busy but would still love to fix dinner for the family without having to spend all the time in the kitchen. As a result, we’ve curated this yummy list of mouth-watering chicken recipes for you to savor.
Check out 5 flavorsome chicken recipe ideas to try at home…
#1. Air fryer chicken breast
Would you rather have your chicken crunchy and yummy without a single drop of oil? That’s what’s up. This air fryer chicken is the absolute truth.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place eggs and flour in two separate bowls. In a third bowl, combine panko, parmesan, lemon zest, oregano, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken into flour one at a time, then into the eggs, and then panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place in an air fryer basket and cook at 375° for 10 minutes. Flip chicken, and cook for another 5 minutes, until coating is golden and chicken is cooked through.
#2. Alfredo chicken
If you’re heavy on creamy then the classic Alfredo chicken recipe is for you. This ultimate comfort food will take you out of a dinner rut in 30 minutes or less.
- Chicken breasts, chicken strips
- Fettuccine pasta
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream
- Lemon juice
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into thin strips.
- Boil fettuccine pasta until ready, then set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil and add chicken strips. Cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan when ready and set aside.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken stock, add lemon juice and bring to boil.
- Add heavy cream, and afterwards, the cooked pasta and chicken.
- Add parmesan and stir until everything is properly mixed up.
- Sprinkle the chicken alfredo with parsley and enjoy!
#3. Chicken broth
This flavorful soup is your companion on cold days as well as a base for other meals like chicken and rice casserole. Once you have a large quantity in the freezer, there won’t be a shortage of chicken recipe ideas. Note that, this isn’t to be confused with chicken stock as broths are tastier and can be eaten alone.
- Chicken (meat and bones)
- Herbes de Provence
- Bay leaves
- Black peppercorns
- Soy sauce
- Add the above ingredients into a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and let it simmer (uncovered) for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the broth, debone and return the bones to the stock pot.
- Let the broth cook till ready. This is usually when it has reduced by 1/3 or 1/2.
- After it’s done cooking, pour the broth through a strainer to separate the liquid from the other ingredients.
- Refrigerate the broth overnight and remove surface fat the next day.
- Now you can use the homemade chicken broth, or you can freeze it and save it for later. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days, and in the freezer for about 3 months.
#4. Honey garlic chicken
A sweet and sour chicken quickie dinner is pretty much an option especially on busy days. Also, the sauce can be eaten with almost anything (good luck if it makes it out of the pan uneaten) and has a sticky deliciousness that hits differently. Just be careful not to over cook the chicken. Remember, it’s fast food and it sure does cook pretty fast.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust for heat).
- Heat up olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
For the glaze:
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
#5. Baked chicken and potatoes
The simplicity and wholesomeness of this meal is salivating-worthy plus. Also making this dish a worthy delicacy is the fact that you don’t need all the ingredients in your kitchen shelf to prepare it. This meal goes well with green salad, especially if there’s a crowd at the table, and can be cooked in no time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or 4-6 boneless thighs
- 1 1/2-2 pounds baby red and/or gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix (about two packets)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (shredded or from the green can)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees as you pound chicken breasts to even thickness (less than 1 inch throughout). Grease a large sheet pan and set aside.
- Arrange chicken and potatoes on a prepared pan in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, ranch seasoning, and garlic powder. Toss to coat well. Sprinkle parmesan over the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then switch to broil for 3-5 minutes until potatoes are crispy and chicken is browned. (Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn).
You can buy pre-mixed seasoning blends to save you even more time, effort.
These chicken recipe ideas are a total keeper. Bon appetit!
Featured image: Chad Montano | Unsplash
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_