We all love the thought and feelings of a public holiday, as it gives us a time to unwind from the stress and bustling that comes with work.
It is another workers day!!!! This day is set aside to celebrate and appreciate all workers. Your organization might decide to either throw a party on that day or give you a day off, whichever it is, the burden of workload has been relieved a little.
Nationwide, May 1st has been declared a public holiday for workers to unwind, this literally means majority of us are going to be indoors.
Because I don’t want you to get bored at home, I have prepared a list of things for you to do to keep you bubbling.
1) Sleep Well : There is no need for the alarms today as you don’t have anywhere you are rushing to. You need to get enough sleep as this will help you energize, keep your brain sharp and ready for tomorrow’s work. The essence of sleep can never be underrated!! A good sleep is very essential for the human body as it keeps the brain working. So, ensure you use this free day to have enough sleep.
2) Relax : Relaxation is quite different from sleeping. In relaxation, you just take a rest without necessarily sleeping. You could just lay down on the couch, bed, mattress or even bath tub and be reminiscing about happenings, dreams or places. You can even decide to lay a foam in your backyard and just rest.
3) Watch Movies : Our work hours does not afford us the luxury of watching movies, so you can use this time to watch as many movies or films that has been on your minds.
4) Go to the Cinemas : When last did you visit the nearest cinema in your neighborhood? Was it during the Easter or even during Christmas that you last visited one? You can take this opportunity to go out with your pals to see a good movie.
5) Go out with friends : Keeping up with our friends is necessary, no matter how busy you are, hanging out with you day ones should be on your agenda. You can seize this opportunity to catch up with your friends who you have not seen for weeks. You guys can go out and catch cruise or just stay indoors and gossip.
6) Gym/Exercise/Yoga/Fitness : This sixth tip is not for only fitness enthusiastic. One of the best ways of living a healthy life is to keep fit. If you have not started exercising this year, you can begin today! It’s never too late to join the fitness club. You don’t even need to visit the gym as technology advancement as made it easier to do and learn things at the comfort of your home. Just Google any yoga or exercise that is easy for you and start your walk into a great fit body.
7) Read Books : Education doesn’t end after leaving the four walls of a school. Daily, new technologies and methods are springing forth and you need to stay updated so it doesn’t look like you are living in an island. Get any motivational, religious, business, financial or any other books and learn something new today. For the romance lovers like me, you can pick up a novel and enjoy a ride into the world of fictional love.
8) Play Games/Watch Sport : For the guys who love games alot; this is an opportunity for you to have fun with your male pals and catch up with them. There are different gaming apps and video games on your phone to download and play; as well as lots of gaming activities to do to brighten your day. You can visit a game centre to play various games or visit a game store to purchase a video game.
9) Go Out : For the extrovert in the house, you and your squad can go out to have fun. For the ladies, there are so many fun places you can visit, from the mall, to stalls, boutique,spa, eateries etc.
10) Take care of your skin : Ensure you use this holiday to keep up with your beauty regiment. If you havenot been to the spa, salon or beauty parlour for weeks, take the time out today to do so! If you don’t have the luxury of visiting the spa, there are several DIY Home Beauty regiments ranging from manicure to pedicure, cleaning of face, staying hydrated and lots more that you can follow on YouTube.
11) Spend time with family : Family is everything!!They make the world go round and are always there for you. You should learn to use every spare day or time you have to connect with your loved ones. If you are a parent; seize this opportunity to talk to your kids, do lots of fun stuffs with them, pay attention to them, take them out; just have fun with them and create a closer bound. All kids love and treasure family times a lot!
12) Have a Quiet Time : For the spiritual ones in the house, you can use this holiday to connect to your Creator. You can spend time with Him praying, reading the Bible, listening to religious channels, reading religious books or devotionals. This can never be a waste!!
11) Volunteer : You can make yourself available to any non governmental organization and help take care of the needies. You can visit a retirement home and offer assistance to the nurses taking care of the elderly. They would deeply appreciate it! Always know that your time, love and selfless works for humanity would never go unnoticed.
With all this aforementioned, I am sure there is no room for boredomness today.
Make this holiday a worthwhile one!! Have lots of fun and don’t forget to sleep and rest well!!