In my previous post on Time Saving Hacks, I stated that one of the excuses many give for not achieving their goals or for not being able to finish their workloads is that they don’t have enough time. However, this is just an excuse.
There are ways you can get all your days activities done if you know how to use and manage your time well.
I will be dividing the Time Saving Hacks techniques into three part : Mornings, Afternoons and at home, for you to easily comprehend.
In this post, I will be sharing some strategies/techniques you can employ, to save time in the morning. So for the employees and employers in the house, you don’t need to be in disarray every morning If you can follow these tips.
1) START GETTING READY THE NIGHT BEFORE : It is an error to start deciding on the cloth to wear in the morning. You shouldn’t be polishing your shoes, looking for your office files/documents,looking for your socks or tie in the morning. You should have done all of these the night before. Preparing all you need to take to office the night before, makes it easier for you to leave home on time. Ensure you make a to-do-list of all the things you will need to take to your office the next day. Iron your clothes, polish your shoes, arrange your files, pack your wallet, laptops, phone chargers and other gadgets you will need and place it close to the door.your house key shouldn’t be left out, often times when we return from work we are ao exhausted that we can drop things anywhere, to avoid running late for work because you are looking for the keys, ensure you stop it by the door or somewhere close that you can always reach.
2) GO TO BED ON TIME : “Early to bed, Early to rise”, is never outdated. There is 100,% tendency that when you go to bed on time, you will wake up before your waking hours. I have tried it several times, you should try it too. Anytime you go to bed late, you will be so weak and lazy to stand up when your alarm rings.
3) TRANSITION INTO A WAKEFUL STATE QUICKLY : Once your alarm rings, ensure you shake off any sign of sleep cause that can make you sluggish. Once you are awake, you can open the curtains in order to get sunlight or drink a glass of water immediately you wake up, this would help shake off any laziness and keep you alert.
4) DESIGN A MORNING PLAYLIST : Have you noticed that listening to songs when you engage in an activity boost you up. While get ready for work, you can play your favourite songs which would help lighten your spirit and keep you vibrant. You can even you the songs to time yourself .
5) STREAMLINE YOUR MORNING REGIME : Rather than spend minutes doing a particular thing, you can join two works together to save time. You can be cleaning your body as you sort out the things you will need. YOU don’t need to spend lots of time making yourself up. There are ways to cut out some unneeded things.Instead of applying different shades of lipstick, why don’t you just apply lip gloss and you are good to go.
6) REPLAN YOUR MORNING ROUTINE : Once you have planned, there is a need to go through your work at rethink what you feel you should add or subtract. Identify those things that can waste your time. For those who cook to take to work, while you are bathing, you can out the food on fire to save time.
7) TAKE A QUICK BREAKFAST : Never be in a hurry to leave for work that you skip breakfast. “I will eat when I get to work”, that what many say, but the truth is once you get to the office you get so preoccupied with work that you forget you have not eaten. If it is a slice of bread, corn flakes, golden morn, etc just ensure something is in your stomach to keep you a bit energised.
8) MAKE LUNCH THE NIGHT BEFORE : Except those who like freshly cooked food, you can prepare your lunch the day before. For example, if it is yam you want to take to the office the next day, you can peel it down and leave it inside water, this will make it easier for you. If it is rice, ensure you prepare your stew the day before.
9) BE DETERMINED NOT TO GO ONLINE : There is clearly no doubt that social media can be addictive. Avoid going through your social media platforms or mail in the morning as this can waste your time. I will check just one mail can lead to 10 mails. I will only reply just one person, can lead you to chatting with about three or four.
10) HAVE A SET TIME TO LEAVE YOUR HOME : This is another good way to time yourself, always have a strict set time to leave your home. If you are choose to leave your house by 6:30 am, ensure you always stick to that time and never stay at home longer than your set time.
If you can apply these techniques to your morning routine, I am sure you would be more organized and we’ll prepared each day.
I said this topic is divided into three parts, so stay updated as in my next post I would be giving you techniques on how to save time in the afternoon.